Home  |  Blog  |  Contact Us
    480.621.6657

Today is

Oneshare.com Out of Business?

Oneshare.com appears to be out of business.  Over the last several months, we have been contacted by many Oneshare.com customers who bought Disney stock from them, had their credit card charged, and never got their share.  Unbelievable!   It’s hard to understand how a company could do something like that to customers.

To all previous Oneshare.com customers:

We would like to be your source for one share stock gifts.  At GiveAshare.com, you will find an outstanding selection of stocks and get unparalleled customer service.  Let us welcome you and introduce you to our business.

GiveAshare.com is part of Leading Edge Gifts LLC.  We are a family-owned, reputable business based in Arizona.  We treat people the way we want to be treated.  We started GiveAshare in 2002, although we had the idea way back in the 1970’s giving friends and family shares of Boston Celtics stock as gifts.  In the 1980’s we contacted the SEC and actually did some test marketing  – BEFORE the internet.  It was an absolute flop!  In 2002, we tried again with a crude website that we were pretty proud of at the time – it was a huge hit!

Fast forward 12 years.  We are #1 in one share stock gifts because of our clever offerings, streamlined process,  friendly customer service, and because we diligently comply with all SEC requirements.  Over that time we have brought new innovations, many new and exciting stocks, and published the I’m A Shareholder Kit intended to improve the financial literacy of kids (a cause we feel very deeply about).

Give us a try – you will be glad you did.

Sincerely

GiveAshare.com

28 Responses to “Oneshare.com Out of Business?”

1. patrick says:

I would gladly purchase another Disney stock from your site if you would be willing to give me a discount for getting screwed out of 200 bucks by oneshare.Com. it’s been 7 months with no response from them after charging me for the stock.

2. admin says:

Hi Patrick, Sorry for the late response, your post got caught up with a bunch of spam posts we received. We will contact you via email.

3. annie says:

so what do we do with the oneshare stock from Disney if we did receive a certificate??

4. admin says:

If you received a certificate, congratulations! You are a Disney shareholder. There is nothing you need to do, you should be a shareholder of record with the transfer agent.

5. Tammy Hall says:

Any advice on how I could get my money back from oneshare.com for my Disney stock?

6. admin says:

No, unfortunately we don’t have any advice on how you would get your money back from them.

7. chrissy says:

Oneshare announced a while ago that Disney would no longer be issuing paper stocks. Your fault, not theirs.

8. Becca says:

Tammy Hall: I say we all group together and do a class-action suit to get our money back!! Who’s in?

9. Joy says:

My husband and I purchased this as a gift to each other. We were told that Disney was on the verge of designing a new certificate and we had a choice go with the old, or wait for the new. We chose to wait for the new. Then we were told that Disney was not going with a paper stock, only electronic but would come up with a design for those who were purchasing as a gift and since we ordered frame and everything… Anyway, we finally received an email stating that the design was chosen and would be sent out by fall. Nothing happened, the Better Business Bureau is involved, but since we live in Canada, and the BBB that is chasing after them is in the US, we are pretty much out of luck. 🙁

10. Rick says:

Sorry to hear that but I can’t tell you how many emails and calls we have received from people who experienced the exact same thing. As you probably know, Disney finally did come up with their Collectible Shareholder Certificate that is available only to shareholders at disneystore.com. Here is what it looks like: http://www.giveashare.com/disney-collectible-shareholder-certificate.shtml. Good luck.

11. Heather Allen says:

Hello all – I purchased from OneShare in December of 2013 and never received my Disney stock. I called them no answer. I emailed them no response. I filed a complaint with the BBB in California. Nothing. I filed a complaint with the SEC. I was told sorry no response from the company on any of my complaints. I had just given up and thought my $200 was lost forever. Then out of the blue a check arrived in my mailbox from OneShare in February 2015 for my full amount. I don’t know what complaint did it but I will never use my debit card online again. If I had used my credit card I would have been refunded by my credit card company. I still want to purchase the Disney stock, it’s for my son’s college graduation and I am ordering today from GiveaShare. I hope to have a better experience.

12. Ellen says:

I am in the same boat. I paid the $$$ for the stock and the frame and everything and never got anything. I kept getting the site under maintenance message and thought I was just calling on a bad day. Can anyone give me some guidance on how they started the process to seek a refund?

13. Rick says:

Sorry to hear that. Probably too late for a credit card chargeback but try their BBB page.

14. Ellen says:

What page is their BBB page?

15. Rick says:

Just do a google search on “oneshare bbb” and that should bring it up.

16. Christina Hartman says:

Gave a share of Disney to the daughter of a client, got a few notices apologizing for the delay and then they went out of business.
    Needless to say my client doesn’t think too highly of me.
    Yes count me in on any lawsuit against them. $ 189.10 is not the end of the world for me my client is not left with a positive impression of me.

17. Connie Vasquez says:

I also bought stock from Disney and all I received was a letter saying, Congratulations! you are now an official shareholder in one of America’s most admired companies, that’s all I got, I don’t even remember when I purchased it, I just came across it while I was cleaning out closets, there is no date on the letter, I have tried to contact them in the past and never got anywhere, so I put this letter away and forgot about it until now. I guess I am out $$$ for this stock also.

18. Rick says:

At one point BBB was taking complaints but I don’t think they are any more because they got too many and the company is out of business.

19. Gustavo Presutty says:

Hi, I would like more detail of information, since some time ago I bought shares of SONY Company and I have not had any answer or information about it

20. Diane says:

So as long as I received the certificate I’m ok right ? And I may purchase from you giveashare.com Disney Share ?

21. Linda Stouch says:

I purchased a share of Tiffany’s stock for my grandaughter 6 years ago from One Share. Is it still worth something? It’s a real stock, so I guess it is but just checking. I just purchased a share from Give A Share for my other grand. Thank you for your response

22. admin says:

Hi Linda,
    Yes, your real stock certificate for Tiffany would still have value. You (or your granddaughter) can create an account at Computershare.com to manage the stock. We highly recommend that you do that in order to keep the account active and to keep the transfer agent (ComputerShare) from escheating the stock to the State. Thanks for your purchase from GiveAshare!

23. admin says:

Hi Diane,
    Yes, as long as you have the official certificate, you’re ok. You can purchase a share of Disney from us, but since Disney is no longer issueing paper certificates, we register the shares electronically, and send you a replica. Then, once you are a shareholder, you can go to the Disney Store and purchase a Disney Collectible Certificate.

24. admin says:

Hi Gustavo,
    If you have the stock certificate, you can create a shareholder account at ComputerShare (Sony’s transfer agent) and you can manage your stock account from there.

25. Ray says:

Hi, we got a Tiffany & Co share back in 2007 from OneShare but never managed it… called Computershare and they said it went to the State since 2012, we’re in Ontario Canada… is this still claimable?

26. Christine says:

Hi GiveAShare,

Thank you for welcoming oneshare customers.

I have a one share gift on hand and would like to make a redemption
    Would you be able to help me please?

27. Rick says:

Sorry for delay. Just saw your comment. We do not buy back shares. To sell, you would need to go through a stock broker or in some cases, you may be able to sell through the transfer agent of the stock. If you tell us what stock, we might be able to tell you if they can. Please email svc@giveashare.com rather than reply here because we do not monitor the blog too closely.

28. Rick says:

Hi Ray, sorry for the late response, we don’t monitor the blog too closely due to so much spam. I would think it is claimable, I am just not sure where. In the U.S. it is your state of residence that you would file the claim with. Here is a link for more info that also includes some Canada info. Hope it helps. https://www.unclaimed.org/