How to Buy Snapchat Stock (Snap Inc. IPO)
The Snapchat IPO was March 2, 2017 and everyone is asking
"how to buy Snapchat stock?" so we'll tell you here.
- Snapchat changed its company name to Snap Inc. in anticipation of broadening it's product offerings beyond Snapchat.
- Ticker: SNAP
- Exchange: NYSE.
- Snap Inc. IPO March 2, 2017
How to Buy Snapchat Stock - Option 1- GiveAshare.com:Recommended where you want a quick and easy way to buy Snapchat stock primarily as a unique keepsake or gift particularly if you are trying to teach kids or young adults about the stock market.
- Go to the Buy Snapchat Stock page on GiveAshare.com
- It takes about 2 minutes to make your selections and pay with a credit card.
- If Snap Inc. issues paper stock certificates, you will get the authentic stock certficate (a great collectible).
- Your ownership is directly registered on Snap Inc. shareholder list (maintained by their Transfer Agent).
How to Buy Snapchat Stock - Option 2 - Stock Broker:Best suited where the primary purpose of buying Snapchat stock is as an investment and/or you are buying more than one or two shares for the same person.
- Open an account with a stock broker like Scottrade, eTrade, or Schwab
- It will take a little time to fill out the form and then you will have to put money into the account before you can place an order (this can take several days).
- Place a buy order for Snapchat stock.
- Your ownership is held in "street name" at the broker.
- Stock brokers cannot economically provide the authentic paper stock certificate (if Snap Inc. decided to go with paper) because they are required to pass along the $500+ fee that is intended to discourage paper (and it does :))