Beats A Stock Broker
When it comes to buying stock to give as a gift, GiveAshare.com beats the pants off stock brokers. Brokers are not set up to economically handle one share transactions and are now passing along the $500 DTC disincentive fee to provide paper stock certificates. At GiveAshare.com, it's our business! In fact, many brokers buy from us and/or refer clients to us. See how our prices compare to brokers.
It can be quite a hassle use a broker to buy one share of stock as a gift:
- Brokers require that you first set up an account, then fund it, then wait for the funds to clear before you can place an order.
- Brokers now not only charge their own fee for delivering a paper stock certificate but they pass along the DTC disincentive fee of $500.
- At GiveAshare.com there are no accounts - it takes just 2 minutes to order using a credit card. Our process is hassle-free!
Make sure you understand all the costs before using a stock broker:
- Commissions will normally run $7-$30.
- Brokers now pass along the DTC disincentive fee of $500.
- Ask if there are fees for things like inactivity, account maintenance, or re-registration...
- Brokers don't do custom framing and don't accept credit cards
- At GiveAshare.com the price you see includes all fees - which can't be beat. See Price Comparison and how we price.