Frequently Asked Questions

If you don't find your answer on this page, contact our friendly customer service reps who will be happy to help you.



We specialize in one share stock gifts. We are easier, faster, cheaper, and less bureaucratic than a stock broker AND we provide stock certificates which brokers no longer do. In fact, brokers refer clients to us. Note that we do not provide investment advice.

GiveAshare is a highly reputable business founded in 2002. The company is a Google Trusted Store, is recommended by stock brokers and financial advisors, gets constant positive media attention, and has stellar Google Reviewsproduct reviews, and A+ BBB rating.  Also see our media and about pages.


Absolutely! The recipient becomes a real shareholder of the company entitled to anything a shareholder gets like annual reports, declared dividends, invites to shareholder meetings, voting proxies etc. That's what makes this gift so unique!

Yes. We sell one share ownership at the price stated on the website. You can buy multiple single shares but the price remains the same for each one and you would get that many one share certificates in whatever frame you chose. For those wanting to buy multiple shares under the same name, if your primary purpose is to buy as an investment, you should consider going to a registered stock broker.

Yes. The name of a custodian must be provided for stock that is being bought for a minor. A custodian is a parent, guardian, or other responsible adult whose name will also appear on the registered stock. Only one minor child and one adult custodian name can appear on the stock certificate.

Yes. However, we cannot register the stock until we have a name for the child (and an adult custodian). When you place the order, enter "Baby Lastname" or whatever you want on the placeholder certificate in the Shareholder Name field and tell us in Special Instructions that this is for an unborn child. We will send the 1st part of the order out with the placeholder name, and hold off on registering the stock until you or the new parents have provided us with a name for the child - after he or she is born.

Yes! Generally you will be able to use a credit card but in some cases we may require a wire transfer to protect us from fraudulent orders.

We have to frame it but our paper frame is only $2.


We just need the shareholder's name and address. If the shareholder is a minor, we also need an adult custodian's name. The adult custodian can be a relative or any responsible adult.

The answer is NO for 99.5% of the stocks.  The stock can be registered and the gift given without it.  After the stock is registered, the company (or their transfer agent) will send the new shareholder a W-9 form (W-8BEN for non-U.S. shareholders).

For the three stocks (Virgin Galactic, Nikola, Smith & Wesson) where a social security number is required to register the stock, we give you the option to call it in or we can include a request card in the 1st shipment.

We take great care to protect this information with strict internal processes and policies that include not collecting or storing this information on web servers and properly destroying the information after use.

Yes. It's always best to place your order online because you can check spelling and see how frame and mat selections look, but we are happy to take your order over the phone.


We accept all major credit/debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Discover). 

We perform fraud checks.  For high risk orders and orders from some countries we may require payment via Wise or wire transfer.


We are fast!  Your order comes in 2 parts:

  • 1st Part - Personalized Replica Certificate - Leaves our AZ office in 1-2 business days.
  • 2nd Part - Ownership Document - Registered certificate or DRS statement - Sent in 3-7 weeks after legal stock registration process is complete directly from the transfer agent.


Other items:

  • Non-stock Orders: Leave our AZ office in 1-2 business days.
  • Gift Announcements - Instantly print or email.
  • Gift Certificates - Instantly print or email.

We also offer expedited USPS/UPS shipping. Contact us about your gift deadlines and we can help you determine the right course of action.


We ship via USPS and UPS.  See Important Shipping Information.


We require the shareholder / recipient's address in order to register the stock, but during the ordering process you will also be asked to provide a 'Billing' and 'Shipping' address that can be different, giving you all the flexibility you need.

Our systems and processes do not allow us to charge your UPS/FedEx account.


Registered Stock Certificate - A registered stock certificate is issued by a company and is the document that proves ownership.   Many of the companies on our stock list still offer real registered stock certificates.  Get one while you still can.  More on stock certificates.

Electronic Registration & Personalized Replica Stock Certificate - As you may know, the industry is trying to move away from registered stock certificates and register ownership electronically instead.  In this case, we register the stock electronically and provide a personalized replica certificate for display.  It looks like the real thing!  The shareholder also gets a DRS statement (like a bank statement) that proves ownership and includes the account number.

Each stock page will tell you if the company offers registered stock certificates or registers ownership electronically.

In rare cases, the transfer agent's printing process for registered stock certificates may leave slight creases or blemishes.  If your certificate has more than than, please contact us.

In the unlikely event that a company stops issuing registered stock certificates after your order, we will refund any applicable certificate fee. The shareholder will receive a Direct Registration Statement (DRS) showing his/her account number and proving ownership


You are entitled to everything that any shareholder gets. This can include annual shareholder reports, declared dividends, invites to shareholder meetings, and any special shareholder perks (examples: Carnival gives cruise discounts, Willamette Valley gives wine discounts, etc). All of this makes for an everlasting gift that can be extremely educational and enjoyable.

Yes, for all stocks except Nintendo and LVMH. You are a true shareholder and can do anything you want with your stock.

You can sell your stock through a broker. In addition, some transfer agents (who handle shareholder activity for your company) allow you to sell shares through them.

All traditional brokers accept incoming stock transfers. If you hold the authentic registered stock certificate, simply deposit it into your brokerage account. If your ownership is registered electronically, initiate an Incoming DRS Transfer at the receiving broker (ask them how to do this).

Note:  Some of the newer, no-frills brokers may not offer this capability. For example, it appears that Robinhood may not at this time.

A Transfer Agent is a financial services firm appointed by the company to handle all shareholder administration like managing your shareholder account, sending out stock certificates (if the company offers them), sending out annual reports, managing declared dividends, and handling address changes. 

Your Transfer Agent may send you a W-9 form (W-8 non US) requesting your tax id number.  

Make sure you report any address changes, lost certificates, etc to your transfer agent, and set up online access to your account at your transfer agent's website.  

Here is a list of the transfer agents that handle the stocks we sell. 

Poco theme
480.621.6657 is a gift website owned by Leading Edge Gifts, LLC. All names and logos displayed on this page are owned by their respective organizations. GiveAshare is not affiliated with these companies. We provide an innovative gift by allowing customers to easily and affordably buy a real share of stock as a gift. Although this is real stock, we do not market our product as an investment nor do we in any way provide investment advice. GiveAshare is not a registered broker-dealer and carefully follows rules established by the SEC for us. We recommend that those looking for an investment contact a registered broker or financial advisor.