We specialize in one share stock gifts!
As of 2009, stock brokers pass along the
delivery fee imposed by
The fee is part of an industry wide effort to move away from
certificates and encourage electronic ownership in order to save money.
For now, GiveAshare.com can still get paper stock certificates
because we work directly with transfer agents, but at some point
all companies will stop
issuing paper stock certificates. See all the
ways that we beat a broker.
The table below shows how our general pricing compares:
Certificate Delivery Fee
can't get paper
a) eTrade's stated fee is $75 but they will then add the $500 DTCC fee after the fact and Fidelity likely does the same. Also note that above pricing is general - in some cases price
adjustments are needed due to transfer agent fees or to comply
with SEC requirements. See how
Have you checked out custom framing prices lately?
Their costs are much higher and don't include a personalized engraved plaque. For you do-it-yourselfers,
consider these two things: 1) most stock certificates come in an odd shape (8" x 12") so a standard mat does not work
(custom mats can be expensive), and 2) the engraved plaque really adds to the personalization.
See frame choices.
See how we price.
- Data is based on brokers published fee schedules and is rounded.
- Schwab, Scottrade, Fidelity, eTrade commissions do not include handling fees, inactivity fees, or maintenance fees.
- Our 'Giftize™' fee is normally $39 but can be higher in certain cases such as 1) custom orders 2) where transfer agents charge additional fees such as with iRobot, and Smith & Wesson, Coach, Activision/Blizzard, and Disney and 3) where the price must be
adjusted to comply with the SEC requirements (the SEC requires that our price be 2x the market price of the stock) - this normally pertains to cardboard frame orders where the underlying stock price is greater than $45
- More Info....
All adjustments and fees are reflected in the price you see
on our website so there are no hidden fees.
- Effort was made to select wood frames of comparable style and quality.
- Mat pricing is for black-core mats.