Gamestop Stock FAQs
Answers to common questions about buying GameStop stock including timing, Computershare DRS account, non-English alphabet and more.
PROCESS AND TIMING
- FRAMED REPLICA - The first part (framed replica, if ordered) leaves our Arizona office in 2 business days or less.
- LEGAL STOCK REGISTRATION – We work with Computershare to register your ownership. While 3-7 weeks is our promised timing, we have streamlined the process so it is taking under 2 weeks.
- ACCOUNT ESTABLISHED - At the end of Step 2 above, you have an account at Computershare - you are a registered shareholder of record and eligible for declared dividends.
- Check your Order Status to see when this is done.
- We email you when your share is registered.
- We are NOT able to get or send account numbers or DRS statements, this is all done by Computershare.
- DRS STATEMENT/PIN - Computershare then sends the DRS statement via USPS to the shareholder address. This processing and transit time is not included in the time estimate above and is out of our control.
- Tip from GME customer: Computershare will give account # over the phone if less than 10 shares.
- Tip from GME customer: Euro customers can call to arrange for DRS/Pin to be sent from Computershare UK to save time/money.
- You can choose to call Computershare to arrange/pay for expedited shipping with tracking ($45).
- You need the account number on the DRS statement to register for online access to your Computershare account. Then Computershare will need to send you a pin. Normally this is done snail mail but some have arranged for it to be expedited from Computershare UK ($30).
Yes, we work with Computershare to electronically register your one share ownership in the Direct Registration System (DRS) held at Computershare. You will receive a DRS account statement from them after the registration is complete and you will then be able to register on Computershare's website to get on-line access to your account.
We understand that customers want their account number as soon as possible to be able to get on-line access to their Computershare account. We do everything in our power to speed the process.
We are NOT able to get or send account numbers or DRS statements, this is all done by Computershare.
Computershare normally sends DRS statements out via USPS First Class Mail so transit time is a factor. Some tips from GME customers, AFTER share is registered:
- Computershare will give account number over the phone if fewer than 10 shares.
- European customers can call Computershare to arrange DRS statement and pin to be sent from Computershare UK to save time/money.
- You can contact Computershare to arrange for expedited shipping of your DRS statement.
Unfortunately, no. Please use only English alphabet for shipping, billing, and shareholder registration because non-English alphabet can be incompatible with our system, Computershare systems, and/or USPS/UPS systems. If you use non-English alphabet, you assume the risk/cost of delays and incorrect registration/shipping.
Computershare has recently informed us that non-English characters are not allowed in registration name or address and we just learned this the hard way on a few.
Same as above, non-English characters can cause issues.
You have more leeway here. If you use emoji's or non-English alphabet, make sure to review your order confirmation carefully and it should be fine.
For some countries, payment must be made via wire transfer or Wise.com. At time of checkout, choose Wire as your payment method and immediately after you order, an automatic email will be sent that includes instructions. If payment is not initiated in 5 days, we automatically cancel the order.
Some customers have paid by Revolut which has been problematic and can delay processing because of a lack of identifying information to tie to the order.
We check the account at least daily to see payments received. To see if we have received your payment, please login and check your Order Status.
We offer UPS and USPS options. To be blunt, USPS which hands off to your local post, can be unreliable on international shipments. While we truly understand opting for cheaper USPS shipping, it is important that you understand the risk (see shipping matrix).
GiveAshare is a small business in Arizona founded in 2002 to make it very easy for people to buy single shares of stock as a gift. We appreciate our customers and do our best to make them happy. We are not a broker but adhere to requirements established by the SEC. We do not give investment advice. More detail at our about us page.
Yes! Generally you will be able to use a credit card but in some cases we may require a wire transfer to protect us from fraudulent orders.
You get true one share ownership of GameStop stock. Because GameStop no longer issues registered certificates (registration is electronic only) we first send a GameStop stock certificate replica that is personalized with the shareholder's name in the frame that is ordered. This is for display purposes and references the shareholder's impending DRS ownership. This leaves our Arizona office in 2 business days or less.
The legal registration process takes some time (see timing section) and when completed, the shareholder will have an account at Computershare (GameStop's transfer agent) where the share is held. Upon registration, Computershare sends the Direct Registration Statement (DRS) directly to the shareholder address.
They did but then stopped in 2013. Unbeknownst to us, they apparently started up again only to run out of certificates on 9/9/2021. The company was evaluating if it would print more but as of 10/11/21, we have confirmed with Computershare that the company will no longer offer register certificates.This is consistent with the industry trend is to eliminate paper.